Chief Master Sergeant Brian A. Brindle is the Command Chief Master Sergeant of the 137th Special Operations Wing, Will Rogers Air National Guard Base, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. He is the senior enlisted leader for the approximately 1,100 Airmen of the wing, and advises the commander on issues affecting their welfare, development, and readiness. The 137 SOW provides geographic combatant commanders, special operations command, theater special operations commanders, and task force commanders with manned intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, close air support, agile combat support, cyber, and aeromedical evacuation.
CMSgt Brindle first enlisted in the United States Marine Corps in June 1987. He trained and served in three military occupational specialties. In July 1998, he left active duty service to enlist in the Oklahoma Air National Guard where he served as a C-130H Flight Engineer instructor and evaluator. Following unit conversion and retraining, he qualified as a KC-135R Boom Operator Instructor and Evaluator. Unit conversion again presented the opportunity to retrain and qualify as an Airborne ISR Tactical Systems Operator. Throughout his career, CMSgt Brindle has deployed around the globe to participate in various combat and support operations and contingencies in the Balkans, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Africa.
1992 U.S. Marine Corps Basic Noncommissioned Officer Nonresident Program
1996 U.S. Marine Corps Staff Noncommissioned Officer Career Nonresident Program
1996 The Sergeant’s Course, Marine Corps Air Station El Toro, Calif.
2000 Advanced Airlift Tactics Training Course, St. Joseph, Mo.
2001 U.S. Air Force Noncommissioned Officer, by correspondence
2004 U.S. Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer, by correspondence
2008 Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies/Administrative Leadership, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Okla.
1. February 1988 – August 1990, RF-4B Aircraft Mechanic, Marine Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron (VMFP)-3, Marine Corps Air Station El Toro, Calif.
2. September 1990 – April 1993, Jet Engine Test Cell Operator, Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron (MALS)-11, MCAS El Toro, Calif.
3. May 1993 – April 1994, Jet Engine Test Cell Operator, Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron (MALS)-14, MCAS Cherry Point, N.C.
4. April 1994 – May 1995, Flight Engineer, Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Training Squadron (VMGRT)-253, MCAS Cherry Point, N.C.
5. May 1995 – June 1998, Flight Engineer, Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron (VMGR)-352, MCAS El Toro, Cali.
6. July 1998 – February 2007, Flight Engineer, 185th Airlift Squadron, Will Rogers Air National Guard Base, Okla.
7. February 2007 – August 2015, Standardization/Evaluation Boom Operator, 137th Operations Group, Will Rogers ANGB, Okla.
8. September 2015 – May 2019, Squadron Superintendent, 189th Intelligence Squadron, Will Rogers ANGB, Okla.
9. May 2019 – present, Command Chief, 137th Special Operations Wing, Will Rogers ANGB, Okla.
Rating: Chief Enlisted Aircrew
Flight Hours: 6,400 (Combat Missions: 250)
Aircraft Flown: KC-130F/R, C-130H, KC-135R, MC-12W
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Navy/Marine Corps Commendation Medal
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Lance Corporal Dec. 1, 1987
Corporal Oct. 1, 1989
Sergeant Apr. 1, 1993
Staff Sergeant Oct. July 25, 1998
Technical Sergeant Feb. 12, 2000
Master Sergeant Apr. 18, 2002
Senior Master Sergeant Aug. 1, 2004
Chief Master Sergeant September 30, 2015
(Current as of July 2019)